May 19, 1938
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Other names||Marilyn Chris-Wallace|
With appearances on television shows such as NBC's Law & Order and Fame, she is known by longtime soap fans as Wanda Wolek #1 on the ABC soap opera, One Life to Live, a role she played from 1972 through 1976, and from 1980 through 1994. Earlier in her career she played Edie Hoffman on the ABC soap opera All My Children.
She has also acted and directed for the theater. Her Broadway credits include roles in Lenny and Brighton Beach Memoirs. She received an Obie Award and a Drama Desk Award and an Outer Critics Circle Award and a Variety Critics Poll for her performance in Kaddish, directed by Robert Kalfin at the Chelsea Theater Center.
- Soares, Manuela (1992). The Soap opera book: who's who in daytime drama. Todd Publications. p. 56. ISBN 9780915344239. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- Tytell, John (1997). The Living Theatre: Art, Exile, and Outrage. Grove Press. p. 308. ISBN 9780802134868. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "One Life to Live Where Are They Now: Marilyn Chris!". Soaps.com. 14 July 2009. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Veteran Actors Perform in "Awake and Sing"". Centre Daily Times. 7 August 1975. p. 5. Archived from the original on 7 February 2019. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- Byrnes, Eileen (3 April 1984). "Simon's 'Brighton Beach Memoirs' is a classic comedy hit". The Evening News. p. 7A. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Daytime doings on ABC". McKinney Courier-Gazette. 5 November 1972. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "Fall in love with these Queens power couples". QNS. February 10, 2016. Retrieved August 20, 2017.
- Chelsea on the Edge: The Adventures of an American Theater, Davi Napoleon. Includes discussion of Robert Kalfin's off-Broadway multi-media production of Kaddish.Iowa State University Press. ISBN 0-8138-1713-7, 1991.